Xanax Benefits, Precautions & Side Effects
Xanax is the popular trade name for the medicine Alprazolam and is sold for the treatment of stress, depression and neurotic disorders, such as generalized anxiety disorders and panic attacks, in adults. The drug is a benzodiazepine and is used for short-term management of the condition.
The drug has proven effective in lowering stress and anxiety levels in patients, as well as reducing the occurrence of panic attacks in them. When administered in the correct recommended dosage to these patients over a regular period of time, Xanax benefits have been known to start kicking in as early as half an hour.
The drug works by increasing the production of a certain natural chemical in the body, called GABA. This in turn helps produce a calming effect on the nerves and the brain, thereby relaxing the muscles and the central nervous system. With the effect of the drug working on the mind and the body, the patient starts feeling relaxed overall.
Xanax precautions to take
Taking into account the highly addictive nature of the drug, it is always advisable to take Xanax only under the supervision of a doctor. Taking the drug without doctor prescription or in any dosage lower or higher than what has been recommended by the physician can result in serious consequences, sometimes even fatal.
The following precautions must be taken while administering Xanax:
- The drug might make you feel dizzy or drowsy, even several hours after you’ve taken it. As such, avoid performing activities that require you to be completely alert, such as driving or operating machinery. Also, since alcohol consumption can make you drowsy, it should be avoided while you’re on Xanax.
- Xanax should not be taken by pregnant women and nursing mothers. The drug has been reported to cause severe harm to the fetus especially in the first trimester. Moreover, the Alprazolam effects have been observed to pass on to mother’s breast milk, and therefore the drug should not be taken if you’re breast feeding.
- Like any other medication, Xanax too may cause some mild allergies in certain individuals, hence, before taking the drug, make sure to inform the doctor or your pharmacist if you too have experienced any such allergies to the drug in the past.
- Even after observing several precautions in the intake of Xanax, the drug may result in mild to severe side effects in some individuals. In this case, don’t panic; just speak to your doctor immediately about the issue and seek help.
Xanax side effects
- Drowsiness or dizziness
- Excessive saliva
- Change in sex drive
- Slurred speech
- Impaired coordination
- Shakiness and difficulty in walking
- Problems in remembering
- Severe yellowing of eyes and skin
- Seizures or convulsions
- Rashes, swelling, or twitching
- Difficulty in breathing
If you happen to experience any of the above symptoms after taking Xanax for a certain period of time, seek medical assistance immediately. Timely advice can help reduce, if not completely treat, the side effects of the drug.
Barring its side effects, which are common for any drug, Xanax is one of the most highly prescribed medications by doctors today for the treatment of anxiety disorder and panic attacks. Moreover, the drug’s easy availability online makes it a preferred choice among consumers too.
Alternative Ways to cure Xanax Addiction:
You can conveniently order Alprazolam 1mg online while sitting at home, especially if your physical health condition or any other personal situation does not allow you to comfortably go out of home and make the purchase.